Jerusalem Center for Bible TranslatorsAN ACCREDITED HEBREW UNIVERSITY PROGRAM SINCE 1995
The Jerusalem Center for Bible Translators (JCBT) is a non-profit educational ministry which focuses on training mother tongue Bible translators, consultants-in-training and consultants. This training, under the auspices of the Rothberg International School for Overseas Students at the Hebrew University in Jerusalem, serves to allow increasing numbers of people to access to the Biblical message in their mother tongue created from a quality translation referencing the original Hebrew text.
News & Updates
Announcing new courses, semesters, languages being offered and updates.
JCBT YouTube videos
Whom we serve
The JCBT/Hebrew University program is designed specifically for Bible translators. JCBT has served translators and consultants from several Bible translation agencies, including Biblica, Bible League, IBT, NBTT, SIL, TSCO, UBS, Word for the World and Wycliffe, as well as sign language agencies like Deaf Missions and D.O.O.R. Students have come from 36 different countries.
Two-week courses that
introduce the physical and cultural context of the
Biblical text. One month courses for advanced levels of HEBREW.
Short term courses have been taught in English, French, Chinese, Portuguese, Spanish and Sign Language as we try to serve people from a variety of cultures.
- “Nothing compares with personal experience of the settings of events about which I have been teaching and consulting for a lifetime. Every day I am using the resources gained.”
- "Wonderful experience. The course has helped me to understand the scripture better, and also it has helped me to enjoy my daily Bible reading."
- "This has been one of the best courses and it was good to see the geography, land, animals, vegetation, etc that of the Bible. Now when I read the Bible things are becoming live and interesting."
- "Without knowing the context of the land, my knowledge or understanding of the Bible would have been wrong. Language in the context is the essential key to make all the knowledge connected so as to become clear."
- "I have to say that my understanding of Biblical culture and context before the course was very superficial. However, I have seen the real soil of this land, I experienced the weather/climate, I felt what we cannot get form the pictures on the internet or information in books. I am sure that I will read the Bible with more vivid eyes."
- I am very happy to go through this to say good evening to all who are in JCBT... I returned to Benin well, and I started the service in the translation team. I attended a Fulani conference in Benin, which took place from August 27 to 31, 2019. This conference brought together about a thousand people. All are Fulani Christians from Benin. In this lecture, I presented many images of the country of Israel, and we prayed for Israel and for JCBT and all those are in JCBT.
Support the vision
If you support the vision of every man, woman and child being able to read the entire scripture in their native language then donate today to help us translate the Bible into every spoken tongue.